Procedures With Your Visa In Chile

Many students comes to Chile but don’t know all the procedures they must do to stay with no worries in this country:

Residence Visa:

This visa works for all foreigners who want to course a period as a regular student in any establishment recognized by the State. Consider that you can’t work with this visa, so you must procedure with another legal permission that we talk later.

This visa has a one-year expiration with a renewable contract. It is necessary that conditions remain the same when it was delivered. Also is given to finish the studies.


  • This extension must be requested 90 days before the expiration date.
  • In case you change your home or university, it is not necessary to ask for a new residence

Identity card for students:

If you are going to stay in Chile with any kind of visa and you are over 18 years old. It is an obligation to acquire your Foreigner ID in the first 30 days after your arrival.

For this, it is necessary:

  • Photocopy of the pages of the passport in which it appears photograph, name, last name, date of birth, sex, and stamp with date of entrance to the country.
  • Original and photocopy of the Visa Registration Certificate granted by the Police.
    * If you did not do it within 30 days, you must obtain an authorization from the Department of Immigration or the respective Regional Administration. Also you can show a proof of penalty for the delay.
    * The card will be active for the same time as the respective visa.

To make the process, Click here! 

Work with student visa:

You can’t work in Chile with a student or tourist visa. The way to do it is with a permission. The price is  50% of the original visa. This authorization allows you to perform your professional practice or work in what you want.


Escrito por
More from Thomas

Barrio Los Leones

Located in the municipality of Providencia is the famous Los Leones avenue,...
Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *